Donation Refund Policy
For donations made using the Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas website (www.jfsdallas.org), if you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to JFS, we will honor your request for a refund made within 15 days of your donation.
To request a refund, call Fran Lapetina, Development Manager, at 972.437.9950. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
If you did not make your donation using the JFS website, please contact Fran Lapetina, Development Manager, at 972.437.9950, to request a refund which will be honored and made within 15 days of your donation via a check.
Jewish Family Service (JFS) is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information provided to us through www.JFSdallas.org.
JFS only collects information via its website that is voluntarily submitted related to employment, volunteer and internship opportunities, and requests for information about JFS programs and services. Such information may include name, postal and e-mail address, and phone and fax numbers.
We make reasonable efforts to keep the information you submit confidential. Information collected via the website is not shared outside the Agency, and is used internally by those involved in hiring and referring clients for programs and services. Requests, inquiries or comments/concerns sent via the website are directed to the appropriate JFS individual or program.
Keeping this personal information secure is a top priority for us. Personal information is private and confidential; accordingly, the information provided is stored in a secure location and is accessible only by designated employees.
We use email addresses to answer the emails we receive. Such addresses or other personally identifiable information are not shared with third parties or used for unsolicited communications.
This website contains links to other sites. The fact that JFS has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship or affiliation with respect to such site, its owners or its providers. We encourage you to thoroughly review the privacy practices of any website you visit before disclosing personal information on that site.
For each visitor to our website, our web server automatically recognizes only the consumer’s domain name, but not the e-mail address unless the visitor voluntarily completes a form with an e-mail address or makes a financial donation or purchase of any kind through our site.
We collect the domain name and e-mail address (in cases listed above) of visitors to our web page, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our web page. We do not share that information with other organizations for any purpose.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by emailing us at info@JFSdallas.org. If you do not want to receive print mail from us, please call us at 972.437.9950 and ask to speak to the person in charge of our mailing list. From time to time, we do send a print mailing to the mailing list of the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas, of which we are a constituent agency. If you do not want them to share your mailing address with us, you will need to notify them directly.
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site.
We encourage you to connect with us and join the conversation on our JFS Facebook (Facebook.com/JFSdallas), Twitter (@JFSdallas) and YouTube (JFSdallas) pages. We ask that you keep your comments and posts relevant and respectful. JFS does not necessarily endorse nor are we responsible for the accuracy of information, opinions, claims or advice shared on our social media sites. JFS adheres to the strictest confidentiality policy regarding anyone who may receive or be interested in receiving services; any comments that we deem as breaching our clients’ privacy will be immediately removed. JFS retains the right to remove any content from any source in JFS sole discretion, including and without limitation of any content that is:
- Abusive, defamatory, or obscene
- Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading
- In violation of any intellectual property right of another
- In violation of any law or regulation
- Otherwise offensive
- Attacking any JFS Dallas employee, Board member, volunteer, donor and/or client
- Third party product endorsements, personal or professional services endorsements or advertisements, including link baiting
- Spamming in nature
Notice of Privacy Practices
To our Clients: This notice describes how information about you as a client of JFS may be used and disclosed, and how you can get access to your information. This is required by the Privacy Regulations created as a result of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Our commitment to your privacy
JFS is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your personal information as required by law and to maintain the confidentiality of information.
We realize that these laws are complicated, but we must provide you with the following information.
Use and disclosure of your personal information in certain specific circumstances
The following circumstances may require us to use or disclose your personal information:
- Health authorities and health oversight agencies that are authorized by law to collect information;
- Lawsuits and similar proceedings in response to a court or administrative order;
- If required to do so by a law enforcement official;
- When necessary to reduce or prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of another individual or the public. We will only make disclosures to a person or organization able to help prevent the threat.
Your rights regarding your personal information
- Communications. You can request that JFS communicate with you about your information in a particular manner or at a certain location. For instance, you may ask that we contact you at home, rather than at work. We will accommodate reasonable requests.
- Right to a copy of this notice. You are entitled to receive a copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices. You may ask us to give you a copy of this Notice at any time. To obtain a copy of this notice, contact our front desk receptionist.
- Right to file a complaint. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with Jewish Family Service. To file a complaint with JFS contact Michael Fleisher, Chief Executive Officer at 972.437.9950. All complaints must also be submitted in writing to the practice address. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.
- Right to provide an authorization for other uses and disclosures. JFS will obtain your written authorization for uses and disclosures that are not identified by this notice or permitted by applicable law.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Steve Banta, Chief Executive Officer, at 972.437.9950 or sbanta@JFSdallas.org